Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup half-and-half, or more as needed
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- nonstick cooking spray
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup butter, divided
Make-ahead Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
My Mother Gave Me This Recipe After Looking Online For Something To Suit Her Taste. This Was What She Came Up With. I Usually Make This The Night Before Thanksgiving Or Christmas And Store It In The Refrigerator In The Insert Of My Slow Cooker. It Frees Up My Holiday To Enjoy With Family And Is Delicious!
Number Of Ingredients: 9Steps:
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until fork tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain water and place pot with potatoes back over medium heat until potatoes are dry, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mash potatoes using a hand mixer until smooth. Stir in cream cheese, half-and-half, egg whites, chives, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Blend well.
- Spray a slow cooker insert with nonstick spray and add mashed potato mixture. Cut 1/2 cup butter into tablespoon-sized pieces and add to potatoes.
- Cook on Low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring once or twice during the cook time. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of butter 1 tablespoon at a time and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Calories 396.1 calories, Carbohydrate 41.2 g, Cholesterol 65.7 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 209.8 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
Listing 45 Results Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes