- 2 large hoagie rolls or 2 large sub rolls
- 1/2 lb deli roast beef (very rare, sliced wafer thin, or you can use a frozen Rib-Eye roast shaved on an electric slicer, wh)
- 1 white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese (thinly sliced)
- extra virgin olive oil (for grilling)
- salt and pepper
- marinara sauce (optional topping) or ketchup (optional topping)
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich (((authentic)))
Author: Alan Leonetti
I Was Born And Raised In Philadelphia And This Was My Favorite Lunch At The Luncheonettes (sandwich Shops). Places Throughout The Rest Of The Country That Claim To Make Philly Cheese Steaks Just Do Not Get Them To Taste The Same, And One Of The Reasons Is That They Do Not Use Extra-virgin Olive Oil. Anyone Who Says That Pat's And Gino's In South Philly Uses Cheez Wiz, Is Talking About The Way They Make It Now. The Old Authentic Way Uses Provolone Cheese. Also, Using Deli Roast Beef Is The Same As Using Top Round Sliced Wafer Thin Or Frozen Rib-eye Roast Shaved On An Electric Slicer. I Was Born In 1942 And This Is The Way They Were Made Way Back Then. We Are Talking About Authentic, Not The Way They Are Made Now. If You Make Any Changes With The Ingredients Or The Directions, It Will Not Be The Same. Make It Exactly As Written Here.
Yield: 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 9Steps:
- Heat a griddle or a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, cover bottom with olive oil.
- Add the onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until carmelized, which will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Then, push the mixture off to one side of the griddle.
- Add the meat to the hot part of the griddle.
- Cook, continuously flipping the meat over and slightly chopping the meat into slightly smaller pieces with 2 spatulas, until the meat is not pink, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Mix the meat and the carmelized onions and bell pepper together.
- Divide into 2 portions, and top both portions with the cheese to melt.
- If using Italian or French bread, cut the bread in half, crosswise, and slice lengthwise to open for the 2 sandwiches.
- Hollow out some of the soft white bread part from inside and place face down on top of the meat and cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, and with 1 or 2 spatulas, flip the sandwiches over and add topping, such as marinara sauce or ketchup, if desired, and serve immediately.
Calories 965.3, Fat 39.5, SaturatedFat 22, Cholesterol 133.1, Sodium 3143.6, Carbohydrate 86.4, Fiber 5, Sugar 4.2, Protein 63.5
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
Philly Steak Sandwich
These Sandwiches Are Delicious. I Purchase Steak That Has Been Sliced For Making Stir-fry, Which Takes A Little Less Time, But Achieves The Same Results.
Number Of Ingredients: 15Steps:
- Place the beef in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, marjoram and basil. Sprinkle over beef.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef to desired doneness, and remove from pan. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, and saute the onion and green pepper.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Divide the meat between the bottoms of 4 rolls, layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Place on cookie sheet, and broil until cheese is melted. Cover with tops of rolls, and serve.
Calories 640.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.5 g, Cholesterol 95.5 mg, Fat 38.4 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 35.3 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 717.3 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
- 3 medium onions, sliced very thin
- 2 green or red sweet bell peppers (or combination), cored, seeded and sliced very thin
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lb extra-lean beef tenderloin (9 percent fat), sliced very thin
- 6 slices(1 oz each) part-skim mozzarella
- 6 soft Italian rolls, split
Philly Cheese Steak
Wish You Were Here In Philadelphia, Eating A Cheese Steak. No Doubt About It, Cheese Steak Is The Quintessential Philly Food. Too Bad It Can Pack More Than 60 Grams Of Fat. To Keep The Greasy Drippings From Staining Shirts, Philadelphians Have Learned The "philly Lean," A Way Of Bending Forward To The Cheese Steak Rather Than Bringing It To The Mouth. Self's "philly Lean" Features A Trimmer Cut Of Meat, Less Cheese And More Peppers So It Has About Half The Calories And A Third Of The Fat Of The Original - And Provides 60 Percent Of Your Daily Vitamin C Needs.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 8Steps:
- In a large skillet, sauté onions and peppers in oil; add garlic salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to bowl and set aside. In the same skillet, pan-fry steak until brown but not crispy. Add onions and peppers. Place cheese on meat until slightly melted. Spoon cheese steak, onions, and peppers onto rolls and serve.
- 1 ½ pounds extra lean ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper to taste
Homemade Sloppy Joes
Author: Chef John
Despite The Name Of This Iconic Retro Dish, The Secret To A Great Sloppy Joe Is A Thick, Rich, Almost Dry Consistency, Which Allows The Sandwich To Be Eaten With Your Hands. Serve On Hamburger Buns.
Number Of Ingredients: 13Steps:
- Place ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Turn heat to medium and cook and stir the mixture constantly until the beef is browned and forms small crumbles, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and green bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup water and stir, scraping the pan to dissolve any brown flavor bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Mix in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper. Add 1 more cup water and return mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is thick, about 40 minutes.
- Season with salt , black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
Calories 250.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Cholesterol 68.5 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 21.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 1001.5 mg, Sugar 12.1 g
- 4 sweet or hot Italian pork sausages (about 1 pound)
- 1 pound bell peppers (any color), seeds and stem removed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 large yellow or red onions, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rings (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 hero, hoagie or sub rolls, about 6 inches long, halved lengthwise but still connected
- 1/4 cup red wine, Sherry or apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of dried oregano (optional)
Grilled Sausages, Peppers And Onions
Author: Ali Slagle
The Well-loved Trifecta Of Sausages, Peppers And Onions Can Be Found At Italian Street Fairs, Ballparks And On Weeknight Dinner Tables. They're Often Roasted Or Braised, But This Recipe Makes Smart Use Of A Grill: Sausages Cook Over Indirect Heat To Prevent Bursting, While Peppers And Onions Soften And Char Over The Flames. At The End, While The Sausages And Rolls Spend A Few Minutes Over Direct Heat To Brown And Crisp, The Cooked Vegetables Rest In A Tart Vinaigrette To Balance The Sweetness Of The Peppers. Tuck The Sausages And Vegetables Into The Roll, Then Add Mustard, Giardiniera, Mozzarella Or Nothing At All.
Yield: 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 8Steps:
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for two-zone cooking over medium-high heat. (For a charcoal grill, pour the coals on one side. For a gas grill, heat all burners covered on high, then reduce one burner to medium-high and turn off the other. If your grill has three burners, reduce the outer two to medium-high and turn off the middle.)
- Meanwhile, remove sausages from the package to come to room temperature and to air-dry. In a large bowl or baking dish, toss the peppers and onions with olive oil, salt and pepper to coat. Lightly brush the interior of the rolls with olive oil.
- Clean and oil the grates. (Dip the trimmed end of the onion in oil and use it to grease the grates). Place the peppers and onions over the flame (direct heat) and place the sausages where there is no flame beneath (indirect heat). Cover and cook, flipping occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and charred in spots and cooked through, 14 to 20 minutes. (To keep all of the juices in, insert the thermometer into the ends of the sausages as opposed to pricking the sausage casing.)
- To the now-empty bowl or baking dish, add the vinegar, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and oregano, if using. Season with salt and pepper. As the vegetables finish cooking, add them to the bowl and toss to combine. Move the sausages to direct heat and cook, turning often, until charred and crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. (Cover if using a gas grill.) Transfer to the bowl of vegetables to rest for a few minutes. Grill the cut sides of the buns over direct heat until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide the peppers, onions and sausages between rolls.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Assorted deli meats and sandwich rolls
Deli Sandwich Platter
Author: Taste Of Home
Our Test Kitchen Staff Created Two Lip-smacking Spreads To Jazz Up A Variety Of Deli Meats. Simply Pick Up Some Rolls And You've Got A Build-your-own-sandwich Bar That's Sure To Please.
Yield: about 1/3 cup of each spread.
Number Of Ingredients: 8Steps:
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, chives and garlic powder. In another small bowl, combine the mustard, tarragon and ginger. Arrange deli meats on a platter; serve with rolls and the mayonnaise and mustard spreads.
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce
- 2 pounds sliced deli turkey
- 2 pounds sliced deli roast beef
- 1 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 2 cartons (7 ounces each) roasted red pepper hummus
- 2 cartons (6-1/2 ounces each) garden vegetable cheese spread
- Assorted breads and mini bagels
Deli Sandwich Party Platter
Author: Taste Of Home
Four Kinds Of Meat, Two Kinds Of Spread And An Assortment Of Breads Add Up To Dozens Of Delicious Sandwiches Guests Can Assemble Themselves. Cost: $66.81 Tip: To Serve 24, We Suggest Buying A Package Each Of Plain And Whole Wheat Mini Bagels, Plus One Loaf Sourdough Bread And One French Baguette. But Mini Bagels, Mini Croissants, Dinner Rolls And Cocktail Rye Are Shown In The Photo.
Yield: 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 8Steps:
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter; top with deli meats, rolled up if desired. Serve with hummus, cheese spread, breads and bagels.
Calories 205 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 1235mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons milk
Pineapple Spread For Tea Sandwiches
This Is A Requirement At An Southern Tea, Shower Or Bridal Luncheon. You Can Top Almost Any Type Of Bread With This, But Hawaiian Bread Or A 7 Grain Is Really Good. Slice The Sandwiches Into Small Triangles To Serve.
Yield: 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients: 3Steps:
- Combine cream cheese and pineapple, beating until well mixed and fluffy.
- If this is too stiff to spread, add the milk, a little at a time, until mixture is of spreading consistency.
- 1 (8) oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8) oz can crushed pineapple,drained
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 loaf white sandwich bread
Cream Cheese And Pineapple Finger Sandwiches
Author: Kay Cooper
Ihave Served These Finger Sandwiches For Years. They Are A Family Favorite And Are Easyn To Make.
Number Of Ingredients: 5Steps:
- 1. Combine the softened cream cheese and pineapple. Add the sugar and the pecans to this mixture. Trim the crust from the bread slices. Spread the cheese mixture on the bread slices and make into sandwiches. Place the sandwiches on a tray and cover with plastic wrap. Chill
- 2. When you are ready to serve, cut the sandwiches into thin slices about 1 inch in width and place on a decorative tray.
- 4 9- to 10-inch-diameter flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 2/3 cups canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup drained canned Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño chile
- 8 tablespoons grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Black Bean And Vegetable Burritos
An Easy Black Bean And Vegetable Burritos Recipe
Yield: Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients: 14Steps:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil. Warm in oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine onion and oil in large nonstick skillet. Stir over medium-high heat until onion is golden, about 6 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder; stir 20 seconds. Add bell pepper, corn and carrot; sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes and jalapeño; bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. remove from heat.
- Place warm tortillas on work surface. Spoon filling down center, dividing equally. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, then 1 tablespoon each of sour cream and cilantro. Fold sides of tortillas over filling, forming packages. Turn each package, seam side down, onto plate.
Listing 44 Results Sandwich Recipes