- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 pounds medium Honeycrisp apples, peeled and sliced 1/4-in. thick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Coarse sugar
The Best Apple Pie
Author: Taste Of Home
Boost Your Apple Pie With A Buttery Crust, Pre-cooked Apples And An Incredible Filling With Cider, Cinnamon And Lemon Juice. -nick Iverson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Yield: 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 20Steps:
- For the crust, pulse flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. While processing, add just enough ice water to form moist crumbs. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight., For the filling, melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add apples and next 6 ingredients; stir to combine. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until apples have softened and released their juices, 10-12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer apple slices to a 15x10-in. baking pan; spread into a single layer. Add cider to remaining liquid in Dutch oven and bring to a boil; cook until juices reduce to 1/2 cup, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and vanilla extract. Pour over apple slices; cool completely. (Filling can be made 24 hours in advance and refrigerated.), Preheat oven to 425°. Adjust oven rack to lowest position; place foil on rack to catch any spills. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a deep dish 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to within 1/2-in. of rim. Add filling. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Whisk together egg yolk and cream; brush top of pie. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Chill 15 minutes., Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling bubbly, 40-50 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Calories 557 calories, Fat 30g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 363mg sodium, Carbohydrate 73g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
Apple Pie By Grandma Ople
This Was My Grandmother's Apple Pie Recipe. I Have Never Seen Another One Quite Like It. It Will Always Be My Favorite And Has Won Me Several First Place Prizes In Local Competitions. I Hope It Becomes One Of Your Favorites As Well!
Number Of Ingredients: 7Steps:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Calories 512.2 calories, Carbohydrate 67.8 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 26.7 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 240.8 mg, Sugar 40.3 g
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling dough
- 1 recipe (2 disks) Basic Pie Dough for Apple Pie
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 4 pounds (8 to 10) apples, such as Empire, Granny Smith, Gala, Cortland, Winesap, or a mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Author: Martha Stewart
Baking A Pie From Scratch Takes A Little Patience, But Watching Your Friends And Family Enjoy The Results Makes It All Worthwhile.
Number Of Ingredients: 8Steps:
- Lightly flour a large piece of waxed paper; place a disk of dough in center. Rolling from center outward, form into a 12-inch circle. (Use paper to rotate dough, and flour rolling pin and paper as necessary to prevent sticking.) Transfer dough (still on paper) to a baking sheet; cover and refrigerate. Repeat with second disk of dough.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a rack set in lowest position. Remove first circle of dough from refrigerator; wrap around rolling pin (discarding paper), and carefully unroll over a 9-inch pie plate. Gently lift edges and lower dough into the pie plate so it hugs bottom and sides. Avoid stretching the dough, which will make it shrink during baking. Refrigerate.
- Place lemon juice in a large bowl. Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/4-inch-thick slices; halve crosswise, and add to lemon juice (to keep them from turning brown) as you work. Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt; toss to combine.
- Remove dough-lined pie plate from refrigerator. Fill with apple mixture, gently packing apples and mounding slightly in center; dot with butter. Lightly brush rim of pie shell with water. Remove remaining circle of dough from refrigerator. Lay over apples; press along moistened rim to seal. Using kitchen shears, trim overhang to 1 inch.
- With floured fingers, fold overhang under itself to form a thick rim; pinch between thumb and forefinger to form a uniform edge around the rim of the pie plate.
- To crimp edges: With thumb and index finger of one hand, gently press dough against knuckle of other hand; continue around pie. (Deep indentations anchor dough on rim and prevent it from sliding down sides of pie plate during baking.)
- With a floured paring knife, cut 5 to 6 slits in top of pie, radiating from center; place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes; reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake until crust is golden and juices are bubbling, 50 to 60 minutes more. If edges brown too quickly, cover with aluminum foil. Cool completely, at least 6 hours, before serving.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks butter, 1 1/2 sticks, cold, cubed
- 8 tablespoons ice water, or as needed
- 2 ½ lb granny smith apple, cored, sliced, peeled
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
Apple Pie From Scratch Recipe By Tasty
Author: Alix Traeger
Here's What You Need: Flour, Salt, Butter, Ice Water, Granny Smith Apple, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Lemon, Egg, Sugar, Vanilla Ice Cream
Yield: 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 14Steps:
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour and salt. Mix with fork until combined.
- Add in cubed butter and break up into flour with a fork. Mixture will still have lumps about the size of small peas.
- Gradually add the ice water and continue to mix until the dough starts to come together. You may not need all of the water, but if the dough is too dry then add more. The dough should not be very tacky or sticky.
- Work the dough together with your hands and turn out onto a surface. Work into a ball and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate.
- Peel the apples, then core and slice.
- In a bowl, add the sliced apples, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice from the lemon.
- Mix until combined and all apples are coated. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- On a floured surface, cut the pie dough in half and roll out both halves until round and about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick.
- Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll onto a pie dish making sure the dough reaches all edges. Trim extra if necessary.
- Pour in apple filling mixture and pat down.
- Roll the other half of the dough on top.
- Trim the extra dough from the edges and pinch the edges to create a crimp. Make sure edges are sealed together.
- Brush the pie with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Cut four slits in the top of the pie to create a vent.
- Bake pie for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and no greyish or undercooked pastry remains.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Top with ice cream and serve.
Calories 276 calories, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 27 grams
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, chilled and diced
- ¼ cup ice water
Butter Flaky Pie Crust
Butter Makes This Buttery Flaky Recipe The Perfect Crust For Your Pie!
Number Of Ingredients: 4Steps:
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
Calories 172.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 155 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie
Make And Share This Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe From Food.com.
Yield: 1 9
Number Of Ingredients: 12Steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Lemon Filling: In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
- To Make Meringue: In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add sugar and cream of tartar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.
Calories 2528.3, Fat 99.8, SaturatedFat 35.4, Cholesterol 725.1, Sodium 1986.1, Carbohydrate 379.8, Fiber 10.5, Sugar 254, Protein 38.3
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
Grandma's Lemon Pie
Author: Taste Of Home
This Recipe Comes From My Grandma Mapel, A True Country Woman From Iowa. Growing Up To Me Meant Going To Grandma's House On The Farm And Eating The Best Food Ever. Her Lemon Pie Is Tops!
Yield: 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 16Steps:
- Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°. , Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack until edge is light golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-6 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°., In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir 1 cup of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan stirring constantly. , Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter. Gently stir in lemon juice, vinegar and extract. Pour hot filling into pastry shell. , For meringue, combine water and cornstarch in a saucepan until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened and clear, about 2 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and salt on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually add cornstarch mixture, beating well on high. Immediately spread evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to crust, Bake at 350° until meringue is golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Calories 378 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 96mg cholesterol, Sodium 186mg sodium, Carbohydrate 61g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 1/3 c water
- 4 large egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 c lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp greated lemon peel (zest)
- 4 large egg whies
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 baked pie shell
Grandmas Best-ever Lemon Meringue Pie
Author: Linda Smith
This Was My Grandmothers Recipe I Had To Go Through Her Notes And Try To Decipher What She Meant I Have Made This A Lot Since So I Must Have Done It Right. Enjoy
Number Of Ingredients: 13Steps:
- 1. Combine sugar, 1 1/2 cups water and salt in saucepan; heat to boiling.
- 2. Mix cornstarch and 1/2 cup water to make smooth paste; add to boiling mixture gradually, stirring constantly; cook until thick and clear. Remove from heat.
- 3. Combine egg yolks and lemon juice stir into thickened mixture.
- 4. Return to heat and cook, stirring constanly Until mixture bubbles again.
- 5. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and lemon peel (zest)
- 6. Cover and cool until lukewarm.
- 7. For Meringue
- 8. add salt to egg whites; beat until frothy.
- 9. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until glossy peaks are formed.
- 10. Stir 2 rounded tablespoons of meringue into lukewarm filling.
- 11. Pour filling into cool pie shell, pile remaining meringue on top and spread lightly over filling' spreading evenly to edge of crust
- 12. Bake in slow oven 325 degrees about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 13. Cool on rack at least 1 hour before cutting.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (5 to 6 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen Pillsbury™ Deep Dish Pie Crusts (2 Count)
Author: By Betty Crocker Kitchens
A Homemade Peach Pie Is One Of The Summer's Sweetest Traditions. When Peaches Are In Season, You Likely Have A Whole Bushel Ready To Be Sliced For A Juicy Snack, Added To Yogurts And Parfaits Or Included In A Bowl Of Other Fresh Fruit. There Are So Many Wonderful Ways To Enjoy Peaches, But We Think This Easy Peach Pie Recipe Is One Of The Best. You Need Just 6 Ingredients, 25 Minutes Of Prep Time And Frozen Pillsbury™ Deep Dish Pie Crusts To Make This Recipe For Peach Pie. Soon You'll Be Serving Up Golden Slices Of Peach Pie With A Scoop Of Ice Cream On Top.
Number Of Ingredients: 6Steps:
- Place cookie sheet on oven rack. Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Spoon into frozen crust. While second crust is still in pan and frozen, remove crimp with sharp knife. Remove crust from pan and center frozen crust upside down on top of filled pie. Let thaw 10 minutes; crimp edges together. Cut 2 or 3 slits in top crust. Cover edge of crust with pie shield or foil strips.
- Bake on cookie sheet about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice is thick and bubbly. Cover entire top of pie loosely with foil if crust is getting too brown. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours.
Calories 310, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 170 mg, Sugar 25 g, TransFat 0 g
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Simple Peach Pie
This Recipe Is From C.a. Lynd Of Lyndsgourmet.com. Every Year We Anxiously Wait For Lynd's Farm To Put Out Their Peaches. They Gave Us This Recipe With The Peaches I Just Bought And It Is Simple And Wonderful.
Yield: 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 7Steps:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.
Calories 191.1, Fat 3.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 25.7, Carbohydrate 41.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 36.2, Protein 1.4
Listing 49 Results Pie Recipes