- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast, 6 to 8 ounces
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/3 palm full
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot cayenne pepper sauce, several drops
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 pinches
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack shredded cheese, available on dairy aisle
Author: Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield: 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 15Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Wrap corn tortillas in foil and warm in the oven. Bring broth to a boil in a saute pan. Set chicken into broth with bay and oregano and onion. Return to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Poach chicken in broth 10 minutes. Remove chicken breasts to a bowl and shred with 2 forks. Add 1/2 cup of cooking liquid and tomato paste, spices and salt and work through the chicken using the forks.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and heat through, keeping warm until needed.
- Remove tortillas from oven and switch broiler on high.
- Pile chicken mixture into warm corn tortillas and roll. Line flameproof casserole or baking dish with enchiladas, seam side down. Pour hot tomato sauce over the chicken enchiladas and top with cheese. Place in enchiladas in hot oven 6 inches from broiler and broil 5 minutes to melt cheese and set enchiladas. Serve.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ pint sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar taco sauce
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Chicken Enchiladas I
Author: Debbie Donham
This Is A Quick And Easy Recipe. Good For Quick Suppers.
Number Of Ingredients: 16Steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain excess fat. Cube the chicken and return it to the skillet. Add the onion, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano and ground black pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, green pepper and garlic.
- Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with taco sauce and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 498.4 calories, Carbohydrate 49.7 g, Cholesterol 72.2 mg, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 26.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1226.7 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 15 white corn tortillas (fajita size) or 15 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 3 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso)
- 3 -4 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese (or for less spice, use 1 cup pepper jack and 2 cups of cheddar, or a fiesta blend mexican cheese mix)
Quick And Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Author: Troop Angel
My Friend Charlotte (thanks C!!) Gave This To Me...it Is So Easy And Just Delicious! She Likes Corn Tortillas, I Like Flour, And It Tastes Great With Both...whatever Your Preference!
Yield: 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 4Steps:
- Boil chicken until it falls apart, then shred.
- Mix 1/2 can of sauce and a little cheese with chicken.
- Put other 1/2 can on bottom of 11x9 baking dish.
- Microwave tortillas until soft.
- Roll chicken mixture into tortillas.
- Put in pan semi-tightly.
- Cover with remaining 2 cans sauce.
- Cover top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 until cheese is fully melted (usually about 20-25 min).
- Brown top slightly or to preference.
Calories 474.4, Fat 25.2, SaturatedFat 12.9, Cholesterol 96.7, Sodium 1255.8, Carbohydrate 30.4, Fiber 3, Sugar 9.6, Protein 31.6
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and sliced ripe olives
Simple Chicken Enchiladas
Author: Taste Of Home
This Recipe Is So Quick And Easy, And I Always Receive A Ton Of Compliments. It Quickly Becomes A Favorite Of Friends Whenever I Share The Recipe. Modify The Spiciness With The Intensity Of The Salsa And The Green Chilis To Suit Your Taste. -kristi Black, Harrison Township, Michigan
Yield: 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 9Steps:
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat until blended, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chicken, beans and chiles. , Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese. , Cover and bake at 350° until heated through, 25-30 minutes. If desired, serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives.
Calories 468 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 1394mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
- 2 (16 ounce) jars prepared salsa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15.5 ounce) jar prepared salsa con queso
- 20 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
Beef, Chicken, Or Cheese Enchiladas -- I Have Tried It All Ways, And My Family Can't Get Enough.
Number Of Ingredients: 5Steps:
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish, and pour the salsa into the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
- Cook and stir the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until meat is browned and crumbly. Drain the grease from the beef, and add the salsa con queso to the skillet, stirring to mix well. Place about 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla, roll the tortillas, and place them seam side down on top of the salsa in the baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the enchiladas.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese is browned and the enchiladas are hot and bubbling.
Calories 595.4 calories, Carbohydrate 68.3 g, Cholesterol 53.5 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 1756.7 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ½ cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) package flour tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
Easy Beef Enchiladas
These Beef Enchiladas Are So Easy To Make! Hope You Enjoy!
Number Of Ingredients: 12Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain off grease. Stir 1 cup Cheddar cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, and pepper into the beef mixture until cheese is melted. Mix in red enchilada sauce, chili powder, and salt.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for about 1 minute. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the beef mixture into the center of each tortilla. Roll tortillas up and place in the casserole dish, seam-side down. Spoon any leftover sauce, black beans, and olives over the tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and filling is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Calories 675.3 calories, Carbohydrate 33.9 g, Cholesterol 134.1 mg, Fat 45.1 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 33.5 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, Sodium 981.4 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely copped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- canola oil (for frying)
- 10 -14 corn tortillas
- 2 (4 ounce) cans of diced chilies
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives
- 3 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- cilantro (to garnish)
Simple Perfect Enchiladas
Author: Jane From Ohio
I Saw This On The Food Network By Pioneer Woman. Thought It Looked Good. I Made This Yesterday And I Only Used 1 Can Of Diced Chillies. I Used Mild Enchilada Sauce And Mild Chillies. This Was Very Tasty.
Yield: 14 enchillads, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 16Steps:
- For the sauce.
- In sauce pan over medium heat combine canola oil and flour.
- Whisk together and allow to bubble for 1 minute.
- pour in the red sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- bring to boil.
- reduce the heat while you prepare the other ingredients.
- While the sauce is simmering, brown the ground beef with the onions in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain the fat.
- Add the salt and combine.
- turn off the heat and set aside.
- For the rest.
- In a small skillet over medium high heat, heat some canola oil.
- Lightly fry the tortillas just until soft.
- Do not crisp.
- drain on paper towel.
- repeat until all tortillas are fried.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- next, one at a time, dip each tortilla into the sauce.
- set the sauce soaked tortilla on a plate.
- place on some of the meat mixture, , chillies, green onions and black olives.
- top with a generous portion of cheddar cheese.
- roll up the tortilla to contain the filling.
- place tortilla seem side down in the baking dish.
- repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- end with the generous sprinkling of cheese and any of the chillies, onions and olives you have left from the filling.
- bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- sprinkle chopped cilantro on top and serve.
Calories 476.2, Fat 28.3, SaturatedFat 12.9, Cholesterol 83, Sodium 1718, Carbohydrate 29.4, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 9.6, Protein 26.9
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 16 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes and additional sour cream
Author: Taste Of Home
You Won't Bring Home Leftovers When You Make This Cheese Enchilada Recipe. With A Homemade Tomato Sauce And Cheesy Filling, They Always Go Fast. You Can Substitute Any Type Of Cheese You Wish. -ashley Schackow, Defiance, Ohio
Yield: 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 15Steps:
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. , Mix sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper; stir in Monterey Jack cheese, 2 cups cheddar cheese and onions. Spread 2 tablespoons sauce over each tortilla; top each with about 1/3 cup cheese mixture and roll up. Place in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes, seam side down. Pour remaining sauce over top. , Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes. If desired, serve with toppings. Freeze option: Cover and freeze enchiladas before baking. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Calories 778 calories, Fat 42g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 106mg cholesterol, Sodium 1741mg sodium, Carbohydrate 66g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
- 2 cups shredded cheese (whatever floats your boat, I used a preshredded Colby or Monterey Jack blend)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon instant minced onion (or a smidge of grated fresh)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 15 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup more shredded cheese
Super Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
When You Don't Have A Lot Of Time Or Money. I Made This For My Family For Around A Dollar Per Serving. If The Only Mexican Food Your Kids Will Touch Is Cheese Quesadillas (cheese Melted On A Tortilla), Give This A Try As A "step Up". My Picky Picky Dd Was Okay With Cheese Enchiladas When We Told Her It Was Cheese In A Tortilla With A Sauce On Top. Now She Has Been Known To Eat Spinach Enchiladas And Chicken Enchiladas! :) She Gave This Recipe Two Thumbs Up. :)
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 7Steps:
- First, you want to mix the first four ingredients together until they are really well combined. Seriously, you will not see any little shreds of cheese and it will have the texture of stiff play dough (this is important).
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grab a pan. I used an 11x7 inch oval baking dish, but you can also use an 8inch square.
- Pour about 1/4 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the pan and swirl the pan until the bottom is coated.
- Reach in with your clean hands and grab about 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture in your hands and shape into a log. Roll a tortilla around this log and place in the pan. Repeat for the rest of the cheese and tortillas.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top, spreading it to cover.
- Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of cheese on top, and place in the oven. Bake 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- For OAMC: Freeze before cooking, thaw in refrigerator and bake according to directions.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups salsa, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 2 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
3 Cheese Enchiladas
My Grandma Gave Me This Recipe.
Number Of Ingredients: 6Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix cream cheese with 2 cups salsa and 2 chopped green onions in a bowl until thoroughly combined; lightly stir 2 cups shredded Cheddar and 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese into cream cheese mixture. Spoon a scant 1/2 cup of cheese filling in a line down the center of each tortilla and roll tortilla into a log around the filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas and cheese filling. Place rolled tortillas into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread top of enchiladas with remaining 1 cup salsa. Lightly mix remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese in a bowl and spread over the salsa. Sprinkle with remaining green onions. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Calories 852.3 calories, Carbohydrate 65.2 g, Cholesterol 132.4 mg, Fat 50.1 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 36.8 g, SaturatedFat 28.9 g, Sodium 1902.3 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
Listing 42 Results Enchilada Recipes