Chicken Thigh Recipes
- 2 (100 g) vol-au-vent cases or 2 (100 g) puff pastry shells
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 250 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons water
Author: Chef Flower
I First Used This Recipe As An Entree For Two On Valentines Day. It Was Given To Me By A Family Friend. You Can Also Use A Pack Of 6 Or 12 Mini Vol-au-vents As Appetizers. Since Then I Have Made Them Again And I Didn't Have Tarragon So I Used Sage. So I Think You Can Put Your Favourite Spice Instead Of The Tarragon As The Sage Worked Well. I Didn't Have Cream So I Used Cream Cheese. I Had A Question Regarding Vol-au-vent Cases And After Researching On Many Web Pages And Even Posting A Question In The Forum. I Found Out That Vol-au-vent Cases Are The Same Thing As Puff Pastry Shells. So If You Are Using Puff Pastry Shells Please Follow The Instructions On The Pack. As In Australia The Vol-au-vent Cases Come On The Shelf (pre-cooked, Ready To Use) Not The Freezer.
Yield: 2 Large Vol-au-Vent cases
Number Of Ingredients: 12Steps:
- Pre-heat oven at 180oc.
- Saute garlic, spring onions, tarragon and seasoings in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add sliced chicken and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cream and bring to the boil.
- Combine cornflour with water, then add to the chicken and stir until thickened.
- Spoon into the vol-au-vent cases
- Heat in the oven for 5 mintes.
- Serve it hot.
Calories 821.1, Fat 53.5, SaturatedFat 17.5, Cholesterol 135.7, Sodium 707.2, Carbohydrate 49.1, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 1.3, Protein 33
- 1/2 pound hard peaches (about 1 large or 2 to 3 small ones, see note)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry (fino) sherry, or use white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Crusty bread or rice, for serving
Roasted Chicken Thighs With Peaches, Basil And Ginger
Author: Melissa Clark
A Ripe, Succulent Peach Is One Of Nature's Greatest Gifts. But A Hard Peach? It, Too, Is A Gift, Especially In This Simple Recipe From Melissa Clark. A Roast In A 400-degree Oven Cooks The Peaches Alongside Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Drawing Out Their Flavor And Softening Them As They Meld With Those Flavorful Drippings. Speaking Of Those Pan Juices, Don't Cast Them Aside: Sop Them Up Instead With Crusty Bread. You Won't Regret It.
Yield: 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 10Steps:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Halve peaches, remove pits and slice fruit 1/2 inch thick.
- In a 9-by-13-inch pan, toss all ingredients except 1 tablespoon basil. Roast until meat is cooked through and peaches are softened, about 20 minutes. Garnish with remaining basil. Sauce will be thin, so serve with crusty bread for sopping or over rice.
@context http, Calories 315, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 31 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 459 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup honey
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
Honey Garlic Chicken With Rosemary
Author: Linette Gall Kalbach
A Succulent, Moist, Easy-to-make Chicken.
Number Of Ingredients: 6Steps:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic powder, rosemary, salt, and pepper; simmer until flavors combine, about 1 minute. Stir in honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Dip chicken into sauce, 1 piece at a time, until coated. Place chicken on a 9x13-inch baking pan; pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from oven; immediately turn over chicken with tongs to coat the top with sauce.
Calories 301 calories, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 86.2 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 134.3 mg, Sugar 23.7 g
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, or more to taste
- 1 pinch Creole seasoning, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6.8 ounce) package Spanish-style rice mix
Creole Chicken Recipe
Author: Grace Carolyn Bowers-reimondo
Spicy Seasoned Chicken Thighs Are Cooked In Spanish Rice. This Is A Good Meal For A Busy Evening. After Seasoning Chicken And Browning, It Is Left To Cook While You Tend To Other Preparations. This Can Be Very Spicy.
Number Of Ingredients: 7Steps:
- Season chicken thighs with Creole seasoning.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken in the melted butter until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate. Add tomatoes with green chile peppers, water, tomato sauce, and Spanish-style rice mix to the same skillet; stir well. Return chicken to the rice mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover skillet, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and rice is tender, about 40 minutes. Serve on a platter with chicken atop the rice.
Calories 400.1 calories, Carbohydrate 41.9 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 27.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 1750.6 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
- 4 cups peanut oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon banana ketchup
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 dried whole red chilies
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
General Tso's Chicken
This Is The Classic That Is So Popular In Chinese Restaurants. Banana Sauce Can Be Found In Asian Stores. It Is Made In The Philippines. If You Can't Get It Substitute Ketchup.
Number Of Ingredients: 18Steps:
- Heat 4 cups of peanut oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl; whisk in 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and the cornstarch. Mix in the chicken until all the pieces are coated with batter. Drop into the hot oil a piece at a time; cook until the chicken is golden brown on the outside and no longer pink on the inside, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Stir together the vinegar, wine, sugar, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and the banana ketchup in a small bowl until smooth; set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir in the dried chile peppers and cook for a few seconds until the peppers brighten. Stir in the onion, garlic, and orange zest. Cook and stir until the onion is beginning to brown. Stir in the sauce; bring to a boil before adding the fried chicken. Reduce the heat to medium and stir until the chicken pieces are well coated with the sauce, a few minutes longer. Serve sprinkled with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Calories 2474.9 calories, Carbohydrate 52.6 g, Cholesterol 161.4 mg, Fat 243.7 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 28.7 g, SaturatedFat 41.7 g, Sodium 949.2 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
- 4 skin-on, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Tasty, Quick, Chicken Thighs, With Juicy Meat And A Crispy Skin; You Will Love This Chicken That Is Ready For The Table In Less Than 30 Minutes!
Number Of Ingredients: 6Steps:
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and brush the skin-side of each piece with olive oil. Place chicken thighs, skin-side down, in a single layer on a plate.
- Combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl and sprinkle half the seasoning mixture evenly over the 4 chicken thighs. Turn thighs over and evenly sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture on top. Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket in a single layer, skin-side up.
- Fry in the preheated air fryer until chicken is brown and juices run clear, about 18 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Calories 213.4 calories, Carbohydrate 0.9 g, Cholesterol 70.9 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 355.2 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
- 3 pounds chicken legs and thighs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
- 3 cups hearty red wine, preferably from Burgundy
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 ounces lardons, pancetta or bacon, diced into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more as needed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces white or brown mushrooms, halved if large, and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces peeled pearl onions (about 12 to 15 onions)
- Pinch sugar
- 2 slices white bread, cut into triangles, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, more for serving
Coq Au Vin
Food & Cooking , Peanut Free , Tree Nut Free , Soy Free , Dinner , Wheat/Gluten-Free , Bon Appétit , Braise , main-dish , Ingredients , Meat & Poultry , Chicken , Main course , roasts , Dairy Free , Mushroom , Wine , soups and stews , Chicken Thighs
Author: Melissa Clark
A Coq Au Vin Is A Classic French Stew In Which Chicken Is Braised Slowly In Red Wine And A Little Brandy To Yield A Supremely Rich Sauce Filled With Tender Meat, Crisp Bits Of Bacon, Mushrooms And Burnished Pearl Onions. Traditional Recipes Call For A Whole Cut-up Chicken, But Using All Dark Meat Gives You A Particularly Succulent Dish Without The Risk Of Overcooked White Meat. However, If You Would Rather Substitute A Whole Cut-up Bird, Just Add The Breasts In The Last 30 Minutes Of Simmering. If You Want To Skip The Croutons For Garnish You Can, But They Do Add A Lovely, Buttery Crunch Alongside The Soft, Simmered Meat And Vegetables. This Recipe Is Part Of The New Essentials Of French Cooking, A Guide To Definitive Dishes Every Modern Cook Should Master. Buy The Book.
Yield: 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 20Steps:
- Season chicken with 2 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a large bowl, combine chicken, wine, bay leaf and thyme. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or, even better, overnight.
- In a large Dutch oven or a heavy-bottomed pot with a tightfitting lid, cook lardons over medium-low heat until fat has rendered, and lardons are golden and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer lardons to a paper-towel-lined plate, leaving rendered fat in pot.
- Remove chicken from wine, reserving the marinade. Pat chicken pieces with paper towels until very dry. Heat lardon fat over medium heat until it's just about to smoke. Working in batches if necessary, add chicken in a single layer and cook until well browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. (Add oil if the pot looks a little dry.) Transfer chicken to a plate as it browns.
- Add diced onion, carrot, half the mushrooms and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pot. Cook until vegetables are lightly browned, about 8 minutes, stirring up any brown bits from the pot, and adjusting heat if necessary to prevent burning.
- Stir in garlic and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, then stir in flour and cook for another minute. Remove from heat, push vegetables to one side of pot, pour brandy into empty side, and ignite with a match. (If you're too nervous to ignite it, just cook brandy down for 1 minute.) Once the flame dies down, add reserved marinade, bring to a boil, and reduce halfway (to 1 1/2 cups), about 12 minutes. Skim off any large pockets of foam that form on the surface.
- Add chicken, any accumulated juices and half the cooked lardons to the pot. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour, turning halfway through. Uncover pot and simmer for 15 minutes to thicken. Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick or other large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pearl onions, a pinch of sugar and salt to taste. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, shaking skillet often to move onions around. Uncover, push onions to one side of skillet, add remaining mushrooms, and raise heat to medium-high. Continue to cook until browned, stirring mushrooms frequently, and gently tossing onions occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove onions and mushrooms from skillet, and wipe it out.
- In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until bubbling. Add bread and toast on all sides until golden, about 2 minutes per side. (Adjust heat if needed to prevent burning.) Remove from skillet and sprinkle with salt.
- To serve, dip croutons in wine sauce, then coat in parsley. Add pearl onions, mushrooms and remaining half of the cooked lardons to the pot. Baste with wine sauce, sprinkle with parsley and serve with croutons on top.
- 8 medium bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (2 1/4 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Good olive oil
- 2 cups halved and thinly sliced yellow onions (2 onions)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon good Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Chicken Thighs With Creamy Mustard Sauce
Author: Ina Garten
Yield: 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 9Steps:
- Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board, skin side up, and pat them dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Turn them over and sprinkle them with one more teaspoon of salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large (11 to 12-inch) cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, place the chicken in the pan in one layer, skin side down. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes without moving, until the skin is golden brown. (If the skin gets too dark, turn the heat to medium low.) Turn the chicken pieces with tongs, add the onions to the pan, including under the chicken, and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring the onions occasionally, until the thighs are cooked to 155 to 160 degrees and the onions are browned. Transfer the chicken (not the onions) to a plate and allow to rest uncovered while you make the sauce. If the onions aren't browned, cook them for another minute.
- Add the wine, creme fraiche, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, and 1 teaspoon salt to the skillet and stir over medium heat for one minute. Return the chicken, skin side up, and the juices to the skillet, sprinkle with parsley, and serve hot.
- 2 chicken legs, skin on
- 2 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 3 -4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable shortening, for frying
Southern Style Deep-fried Chicken
I Hunted Down This Recipe After Seeing It On Nigella Bites. Looks Great, And Easy. I Hope To Try It Very Soon. Cooking Time Does Not Include Marinating Time.
Yield: 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 9Steps:
- In a medium container place chicken and cover with milk. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight. This helps tenderize the meat, but is optional
- In a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, transfer chicken into pot, then pour in the milk. Bring milk to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the milk, and place on a rack to cool. Allow them to sit until warm about 15 minutes, and then pat dry.
- Heat vegetable shortening in a Dutch oven or skillet over high heat just until it's near the smoking point around 325 degrees F.
- In a large zip-lock bag, add salt, flour, cayenne pepper, shake to combine.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 egg.
- Place each piece of chicken, 1 at a time, in the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Then dip chicken into the egg to coat. Place the chicken back into the flour to coat for a second time. Repeat this method on remaining 3 pieces of chicken.
- Gently drop each piece of chicken into hot oil, allowing the skin to crisp and turn golden brown in color, about 1 minute per side. Remove from the oil and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve immediately.
Calories 955.1, Fat 51.1, SaturatedFat 19, Cholesterol 374.6, Sodium 5069.9, Carbohydrate 53.5, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 0.4, Protein 66.6
- 10 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 jalapeno chile, halved (seeded if desired)
- 1 white onion, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
Hearty Chicken Chili
Author: Martha Stewart
A Bowl Of This Comfort-food Chicken Chili For Dinner Will Leave Even The Most Dedicated Meat Eater Satisfied. The Recipe Was Featured On "mad Hungry" Tv.
Number Of Ingredients: 11Steps:
- Preheat broiler, with rack 3 inches from heat source. Arrange tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and garlic, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until starting to char, about 5 minutes. Pulse tomatoes and jalapeno in a blender or a food processor until chunky. Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Heat a large heavy skillet (preferably enamel cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Add oil. Working in batches, brown chicken in a single layer, allowing to sear before stirring, 5 to 6 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook until soft and golden, about 8 minutes. Add chili powder and 2 teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in chipotles, and add chicken. Raise heat to high. Add tomato-jalapeno mixture. Cook, scraping up browned bits, until fully incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in stock; simmer for 20 minutes. Add beans; simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
Listing 40 Results Chicken Thigh Recipes