Cabbage Soup Recipes
- 3 heads of cabbage
- 8 carrots, sliced
- 10 potatoes, cubed
- 25 beef bouillon, cubes
- 3 lb ground beef
- 6 c water
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch celery salt
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (optional)
Mom's Cabbage Patch Soup
Author: Brandy Bender
This Is A Yummy Recipe For When It's Cold Outside.
Number Of Ingredients: 9Steps:
- 1. Chop Cabbage Heads into 4 Wedges, Chop up all Vegetables.
- 2. Brown The Ground Beef, Add with all of the Vegetables into a Roaster. Add The 6 cups of Water, Celery Salt and all of the Buillion Cubes.
- 3. Set Roaster at 300 degrees and let simmer for 4 hours. Add Tomato Sauce (optional) and add Salt and Pepper to your liking. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots (from 4 medium carrots, peeled)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Handful fresh cherry tomatoes, halved (about 10 small cherry tomatoes)
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 64 ounces vegetable stock (2 quarts) (8 cups), plus more if desired
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and chopped (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 loaf your favorite French bread, sliced on the diagonal
- Olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Minced garlic, for topping (optional)
- Flaky or crystal sea salt, for sprinkling
Mom's Cabbage Soup
Author: Food Network
On Rainy Days, I Often Want Comfort Food-something To Warm My Belly And My Soul! This Very Easy Cabbage Soup Recipe Is Something My Mother Would Make For Me On Days Just Like This. Her Version Has A Ham Hock, But You Can Use Kielbasa Instead, Or Go No-meat, The Way I Did.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 17Steps:
- For the soup: Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent (not browned), about 8 minutes. Add salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to your desired preference. Then stir in the fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring the entire mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in the cabbage and beans and keep it simmering, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Add more stock or water if you prefer more liquid and taste and season with more salt and pepper, if necessary. When finished, sprinkle over and stir in the parsley for color and flavor.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with crostini or garlic bread, if desired.
- For the crostini: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with olive oil. You can also smear minced garlic over the top, if desired.
- Bake until crunchy and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Take the crostini out of the oven, drizzle the tops with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt over the top.
- 4 c beef or vegetable broth
- 4 c tomato juice
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 4 c chopped fresh cabbage
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 c sliced carrots
- 1 c green beans
- 1 c cauliflower florets
- 1/2 c sliced bell pepper
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 c zucchini
Mom's Cabbage Vegetable Soup
Author: Kathie Carr
Mom Originally Got This Soup Recipe From Weight Watcher's. But She Added A Lot Of Vegatables And Everyone Loved It. Here Is Her Written Version. Everytime She Made It She Varied It A Little. So Don't Be Afraid To Change It To Suit Your Tastes.
Number Of Ingredients: 13Steps:
- 1. In a large pot bring broth and tomato juice to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add all ingredients, except zucchini. Simmer until all are done. Add zucchini and cook about 4-5 minutes longer. Serve hot.
- 2. Note: You can add broccoli, mushrooms, corn, potatoes, peas, use your imagination. This soup keeps well in the frig for several days. It can be frozen.
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 large green onions, chopped bite size
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 bunch celery, sliced bite size
- 1 large head of cabbage, small chunks
- 2 (8 ounce) cans green beans
- 2 green peppers, sliced bite size
- 3 lbs carrots, sliced bite size
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (optional) or cayenne pepper, can be used if desired (optional)
- beef bouillon
- Tabasco sauce, may be added
Original Diet Cabbage Soup
This Is The Recipe From Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital Which Is Used For Overweight Heart Patients To Lose Weight Rapidly Usually Before Surgery. So It Is Safe, And A Great Way To Lose Weight Anytime!
Yield: 4-6 cups, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 12Steps:
- Cut vegetables in small to medium pieces and cover with water. Boil fast for ten minutes.
- Reduce to simmer and continue cooking until vegetables are tender. This soup can be eaten antime you are hungry.
- Eat as much as you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat the more you will lose. Fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day. If eaten alone for indefinite periods you would suffer malnutrition.
- For drinks - unsweetened juices, tea, coffee, cranberry juice or water.
- The diet:.
- Day One: Eat only soup and fresh fruits, except for bananas.
- Day Two: All vegetables. Eat all raw or canned vegetables except beans, peas or corn. Eat along with the soup. At dinner time eat a large baked potato and butter. Eat no fruits.
- Day Three: Eat all the soup, fruits and veggies you want. No potatoes or bananas.
- (If you have adhered to the diet-you should have lost 5-7 lbs by now).
- Day Four: Eat 3 bananas and drink 3 glasses of skim milk. Drink as many glasses of water as you like. Eat lots of soup as well.
- Day Five: Eat the soup at least once this day. You mau jave 10-20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes or as many as 6 frest tomatoes. Try to drink 6-8 glasses of water to wash away uric acid from your body.
- Day Six: Beef and veggies. Eat all the beef and vegetables you want, but no potato. Eat the soup at least once today.
- Day Seven: Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and vegetables.Again stuff yourself and be sure to have the soup at least once today.
- At the end of the seventh day you should have lost 10-17 lbs.
- If you have lost more than 15 lbs, stay off the diet for two days.
- This seven day eating plan can be used as often as you like. If correctly followed, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being as never before.
- Broiled Chicken or Fish may be substituted for the beef on only one of the beef days.
- No Nos: Bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks,and NO Fried foods.
Calories 244.4, Fat 1.7, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 463, Carbohydrate 55.4, Fiber 18.2, Sugar 27.6, Protein 8.5
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 10 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
Cabbage Fat-burning Soup
Author: Nell Marsh
This Tomato And Cabbage Soup Was Rumored, In Days Of Old, To Melt Away Those Thighs.
Number Of Ingredients: 10Steps:
- Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Calories 90.4 calories, Carbohydrate 20.7 g, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 483.1 mg, Sugar 12.1 g
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded or chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 16 to 28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped with juices
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pound green beans, stem ends snapped, sliced on the diagonal
- Black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, sage, dill, cilantro, or thyme
- Balsamic vinegar or lemon or lime juice
- Minced fresh herbs
- Chopped green onions
The Cabbage Soup Diet
Author: Patricia Solley
A "vat" Of This Stuff Lasts About A Week, Depending On How Much You Eat Each Day. Eat As Much Of The Cabbage Soup Diet As You Like.
Number Of Ingredients: 13Steps:
- To Prepare
- Prep all the ingredients as directed in the recipe list.
- To Cook
- Put all the vegetables in a big soup pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and boil gently for 10 minutes. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until all the vegetables are soft. Stir in the black pepper and chopped herbs.
- To Serve
- This soup can be served hot or cold. It can be pureed or partially pureed to vary textures. It can be seasoned differently for variety, with balsamic vinegar, lemon or lime juice, different fresh herbs, or chopped green onions.
- 3 cups cubed new potatoes
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon base (such as Better Than Bouillon®)
- 2 quarts water, or as needed to cover
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 large cloves garlic, mashed into a paste
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
Potato, Parsnip, And Cabbage Soup
This Is A Delicious, Flavorful Soup With Seasonal Ingredients For Early Spring. Serve With Lightly Buttered Whole-grain Bread. Add Tofu Or Chicken For Additional Protein If You Wish.
Number Of Ingredients: 10Steps:
- Combine the potatoes, parsnips, and vegetable bouillon base in a large pot with enough water to just cover the vegetables; season with the sea salt and black pepper. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook until the potatoes and parsnips are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway. Hold the lid of the blender closed with a folded towel and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the mixture moving before leaving it on to puree. Process in batches until all vegetables are pureed.
- Return blended vegetables to the pot, and place over medium heat. Stir the applesauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic paste, and truffle oil into the soup; bring to a simmer, and reduce heat. Simmer until the flavors combine, about 50 minutes. Add the cabbage to the soup, and cook until the cabbage softens, about 10 minutes.
Calories 52.7 calories, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 34.6 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small russet potatoes, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed small
- salt, to taste (optional)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Creamy Cabbage And Potato Soup
Author: Brooke The Cook In
Velveeta Cheese Gives This Cabbage And Potato Soup The Creamy Consistency. Throw In A Little Cayenne If You Like Things Spicy!
Yield: 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 11Steps:
- Spray soup pot with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and 3c water; bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add shredded cabbage and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Whisk the water, flour and skim milk together and add to to soup.
- Add cubed cheese and stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced beets
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 3 cups coarsely chopped red cabbage
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup tomato puree
- sour cream, for topping
- chopped tomatoes, for garnish
Russian Cabbage Borscht
An Elderly Lady Residing In Turkey Served This To A Friend Of Ours While He Was In That Country Several Years Ago. She Has Since Passed Away, But Her Recipe Lives On. It Is The Best Borscht Recipe I've Ever Enjoyed. Serve Topped With Sour Cream, Extra Dill Weed, Chopped Fresh Tomatoes.
Number Of Ingredients: 17Steps:
- Place sliced potatoes and beets in a medium saucepan over high heat; cover with stock, and boil until vegetables are tender. Remove potatoes and beets with a slotted spoon, and reserve stock.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, caraway seeds, and salt; cook until onions become soft and translucent. Then stir in celery, carrots, and cabbage. Mix in reserved stock; cook, covered, until all vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and beets to the skillet. Season with black pepper and dill weed. Stir in cider vinegar, honey, and tomato puree. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer at least 30 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream, extra dill weed, and chopped fresh tomatoes.
Calories 127.7 calories, Carbohydrate 19.8 g, Cholesterol 10.8 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 908 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup cubed zucchini
- 1/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Bean Cabbage Soup
Author: Taste Of Home
I Used To Love My Italian Grandmother's Homemade Minestrone. She Was Very Particular About Ingredients And Where She Bought Them. Since I Cook For Only My Husband And Myself, I Have Simplified Her Recipe And Cut Down On The Amounts. If I Do Say So Myself, It's Almost As Good As Nonna Teresa's.
Yield: 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 14Steps:
- In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, potato and carrot; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the beef broth, beans, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in cabbage. , Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Just before serving, stir in rice and cheese.
Calories 165 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 530mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Listing 41 Results Cabbage Soup Recipes