- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Cinnamon-apricot Chicken Breasts
Author: Taste Of Home
Whenever I Offer This Chicken To Guests, They Not Only Say They Like It, They Empty The Plate. That's The Best Compliment A Cook Can Ever Receive!
Yield: 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 16Steps:
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, cinnamon stick, 2 tablespoons butter, sugar and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside. , In a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining butter over medium-high heat until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic over medium-low heat until onion is tender. Stir in the broth, apricots, juices, zest and savory; simmer for 5 minutes. , Remove cinnamon stick from rice; stir in apricot mixture. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with chicken. , Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with pecans and bake for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 4 large apples, Granny Smith or any tart apple, cored and cut into medium dice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 plain matzohs
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots, medium, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into small pieces, for casserole topping
Author: Abigail Kirsch
Yield: Makes 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 12Steps:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Toss the apples with the brown sugar and orange juice, set aside in a medium bowl.
- 3. Break the matzoh into 2- to 3-inch pieces and soak in 1 cup of warm water until soft but not mushy. Set aside.
- 4. While the matzoh soaks, beat the eggs with a wire whisk in a large bowl until blended. Add the salt, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, raisins, and apricots.
- 5. Squeeze the liquid from the softened matzoh and add the matzoh to the egg mixture with the apples. Stir the kugel well and pour into a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart casserole dish or a 10x14-inch pan. Dot the top of the kugel with the 4 tablespoons of butter.
- 6. Bake the kugel for 1 hour. Cover the top with foil if the top begins to become too brown early in the baking. Remove the kugel from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds trimmed boned lamb shoulder, cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 cup dried apricots (about 5 ounces)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons (packed) grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Moroccan Slow-cooked Lamb
Peanut Free , Tree Nut Free , Soy Free , Kosher , Dinner , Wheat/Gluten-Free , Cinnamon , Bon Appétit , Stew , Winter , Tomato , Dairy Free , No Sugar Added , Lamb , Coriander , Soup/Stew , Ginger , Apricot , Chickpea
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 18Steps:
- Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add lamb to skillet and cook until browned on all sides, turning occasionally and adding 2 more tablespoons oil to skillet between batches, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer lamb to another large bowl after each batch.
- Add onion and tomato paste to drippings in skillet. Reduce heat to medium; sauté until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add broth, garbanzo beans, apricots, tomatoes, cinnamon sticks, ginger, and lemon peel and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Return lamb to skillet and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until lamb is just tender, about 1 hour. Uncover and simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.)
- Transfer lamb and sauce to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- 4 cups apricot halves
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup rolled oats
Fresh Apricot Crisp
Quick Recipe That Can Use Just About Any Fruit.
Number Of Ingredients: 6Steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the apricots in a 9x12-inch baking dish and sprinkle with white sugar. Mix together brown sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Lightly stir in the rolled oats and spoon the mixture over the apricots.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fruit is soft and the topping is browned and crisp, 35 to 40 minutes.
Calories 362.6 calories, Carbohydrate 52.4 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 115.9 mg, Sugar 35.5 g
- ripe apricot
- lemon juice
Author: Tuck Burnette
Apricot Is One Of My Favorite Jams, Whenever I See Decent Apricots In The Stores, I Buy At Least 4 Pounds, And Put This Jam Up, Once Or Twice A Year.
Yield: 50 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 5Steps:
- Select good clean apricots. Wash then, cut in two, and take out the stone, pull out any stem, it could be cut, but shouldn't need to be.
- Put them into a saucepan or soup pot. Add enough water, to just have them float, or be barely covered.
- Season them with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- Bring to the simmer, and cook, covered until they are quite tender, but not falling apart, 20-25 minutes approximately.
- Do one of two things, purée the apricots, with their water, in a food processor, in batches, or mash with a masher, for a chunkier consistency.
- In either case, measure or weigh, the pulp, and add back to it, in the pan, an equal volume of sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook until the mixture is set, 212-220 degrees f, on a candy thermometer.
- Bottle and process for 7 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (3-lb) chicken, cut into 6 pieces, wings and backbone discarded
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, halved, then sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 fresh cilantro
- 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup dried Turkish apricots, separated into halves
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almonds
- Special Equipment
- a 10- to 12-inch tagine or heavy skillet; kitchen string
Chicken Tagine With Apricots And Almonds
Author: Baija Lafridi
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 19Steps:
- Stir together ground cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat well.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in base of tagine (or in skillet), uncovered, over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then brown half of chicken, skin sides down, turning over once, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Brown remaining chicken in same manner, adding any spice mixture left in bowl.
- Add onion and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to tagine and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Tie cilantro and parsley into a bundle with kitchen string and add to tagine along with 1/2 cup water, chicken, and any juices accumulated on plate. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, bring honey, remaining cup water, cinnamon stick, and apricots to a boil in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until apricots are very tender (add more water if necessary). Once apricots are tender, simmer until liquid is reduced to a glaze, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While apricots cook, heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small skillet over moderate heat and cook almonds, stirring occasionally, until just golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Ten minutes before chicken is done, add apricot mixture to tagine. Discard herbs and cinnamon stick, then serve chicken sprinkled with almonds on top.
- 0.5 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package brie cheese, round
- 1/8 cup toasted almond, slices (optional)
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves or 1/4 cup your favorite preserves
Baked Brie In Puff Pastry With Apricot Or Raspberry Preserves
This Baked Brie Puff Pastry Is Rich, Creamy, And Dessert-like. It Always Disappears. I'm Always Asked For The Recipe. Raspberry Preserves Goes Great In This As Well. Bringing In 2012 I Made This Using Recipe #463563!
Yield: 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 4Steps:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly.
- Place cheese wheel on top (leave rind on).
- Place preserves on top of cheese.
- Place almonds on top of preserves.
- Bundle Puff Pastry up and around the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Sliced French bread
Author: Taste Of Home
Your Guests Will Never Guess How Easy This Elegant Appetizer Is To Create. The Pretty Apricot Sauce Is Delightful With The Creamy Brie Cheese.
Yield: 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 7Steps:
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Pour into a shallow 3-cup microwave-safe serving dish. Place cheese on preserve mixture. Cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until cheese is softened. Serve with bread.
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- Assorted crackers
Brie With Apricot Topping
Author: Taste Of Home
Folks Will Think You Fussed Over This Pretty Appetizer, But It Took Our Test Kitchen Only Minutes To Top A Round Of Smooth And Creamy Brie With Warm Sweet Apricots. This Is One Easy Appetizer Certain To Make Any Occasion "special."
Yield: 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 8Steps:
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, combine first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in rosemary. , Trim rind from top of cheese. Place cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Spoon apricot mixture over cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is softened, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm, with crackers.
Calories 129 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 204mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
- 8 ounces round brie cheese
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Baked Apricot Brie
I Served This At A Harvest Tea And Everyone Loved It. I Originally Found It At Reciperewards.com I Decided To Post It For Zaar World Tour 05.
Yield: 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 3Steps:
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place cheese in small baking pan. Spread top of cheese with preserves; sprinkle with almonds. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and lose its shape. Serve hot with assorted crackers. Refrigerate leftovers; reheat before serving.
Listing 44 Results Apricot Recipes