5 Min Recipe
- 2 lb mussels
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- bread, for serving
25-minute Mussels In White Wine Recipe By Tasty
Author: Chris Salicrup
Here's What You Need: Mussels, Unsalted Butter, Yellow Onion, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Kosher Salt, White Wine, Fresh Parsley, Bread
Yield: 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 9Steps:
- To clean mussels, scrub them with a stiff brush under cold running water to remove any grit. Discard any mussels with cracked or broken shells, or that do not close.
- In a large lidded pot over medium-high heat, stir butter until melted. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until it has softened and started to brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the mussels and stir until completely coated. Add the white wine and stir.
- Put the lid on the pot and cook until the mussels have opened, 3-5 minutes. Discard any shells that don't open after 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and stir. Serve with bread.
Calories 337 calories, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 27 grams, Sugar 2 grams
Listing 47 Results 5 Min Recipe